These are some of the roles that would help Protect the Planet stop TMX. If you have these skills and the time to donate please get in touch!
Social Media Campaigner
Protect the Planet is a grassroots organization, which means we are not bound by strict measurables or top-down directives, and your creativity is KEY. The position of Social Media Campaigner helps drive education and engagement, and is a crucial face for our work. You invite others in by creating material and campaigns that are strong enough to cut through the static.
You'll be working on a team to Turn Up the Volume in 2022 as we stop the expansion of this tar-sands pipeline. What you will do:
- Work together to develop themes and progressive campaigns that highlight aspects of tar-sands pipeline Risks, Fierce Resistance, and Ways to get Involved.
- Create posts to inspire, engage, challenge and entertain... far beyond "angry white activist on the mic".
- Research, prospect and build relationships with new influencers that reflect our goal to broaden our campaign to include youth from as wide a demographic as possible.
- Build our social media networks, with a focus on growing Activists and/or the Canadian Political sphere.
- Help shift hearts: from fear and disillusionment into action, from guilt and depression into action, from distraction into action.
- Evaluate campaign performance and advise communication and coordination teams with your learnings.
- Maintain organized shared files in our secure, online platform.
- Participate in team meetings and assist with special projects if needed.
What skills and experience you'll bring:
- Strong experience with a social media platform, and willingness to use your platform to raise the profile of stopping this tar-sands pipeline expansion.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a collaborative, high performing team with fast-paced deadlines.
- A positive attitude and creative spark.
- Perseverance: approach your tasks with energy and drive.
- Ability to be self-motivated and accountable.
- A passion for justice and a liveable future.
Start Date Immediate.
How to Apply:
Please send us a one-page (or less) letter/post outlining your relevant experience and why you want to be involved with Protect the Planet - and email it to activistsmm -AT- protonmail.com with the words Social Media Campaigner in the subject line. This is a skilled Volunteer position. We look forward to hearing from you.