Prayer Circle Action Group
Members of Prayer Circle, Catherine and Ruth, sit in silence to stop TMX.
The Prayer Circle Action Group meets on the 2nd Saturday of each month, from 10:30am-12pm, at the Watch House on Burnaby Mountain.
Beginning in July of 2018, these meetings have grown out of a desire for a spiritually grounded response to the threat posed by the Trans Mountain pipeline and tanker expansion project.
Our meetings are multi-faith and "Quaker-inspired", grounded in silence, during which anyone may feel led to speak or sing.
The goal of the Prayer Circle Action Group is:
- to support and/or engage in peaceful, spiritually-rooted direct action.
- to raise awareness of the emergency we are in with regards to climate, Indigenous rights, species at risk...
- to inspire / motivate others to act, and to galvanize support;
- to help move things toward a tipping point, resulting in cancelation of the project;
- to stay grounded in love, as we witness for all that we are here to protect.