Non-Violent Direct Action
There comes a time when we see clearly that the laws - particularly injunctions that protect extractive and oil industry corporations while criminalizing protectors - are not serving life in our time and place. When this happens, the only sane response is to stand up and make a difference. If we do not... the alternative is a spiral into guilt, shame, denial, addiction, distraction, depression etc.
At Protect the Planet we are building momentum for our 2022 mobilizations. We welcome you alongside of us in this important work. Every day is a good day to stand up, and it is easier than you may think.
What you need to know:
- You can actually stop pipeline-building work in Burnaby by standing close to pipeline work areas.
- Most of our actions do not lead to arrest (there is always the option to be arrested if you wish - but we don't advocate it)
- TransMountain security will likely call the RCMP if you refuse to move. The court-imposed injunction-enforcement process means that you will be offered a chance to walk away without charge, even after the RCMP arrive.
- Full details provided at NVDA Training.
- YOU can actually do something that will make a big difference towards stopping this destructive tar-sands pipeline expansion.
What skills and experience you'll bring:
- You are prepared to be outside in any weather.
- You have found / or would like to find your Peaceful Warrior Spirit.
- Love for water, salmon, orcas, birds, trees, a liveable future - whatever brings love to YOUR heart.
- You can show up.
Start Date Immediate and extending until the Canadian Government starts putting people and the environment before Corporate profit.
How to Get Involved:
Please write a brief note telling us why you are considering standing up to Protect the Planet - and email it to ppstmx -AT- protonmail.com with the words Direct Action in the subject line. We look forward to hearing from you, and will let you know when the next Training is scheduled.