Social Media Campaigner
Protect the Planet is a grassroots organization, which means we are not bound by strict measurables or top-down directives, and your creativity is KEY. The position of Social Media Campaigner helps drive education & engagement, and is a crucial face for our work. You invite others in by creating material & campaigns that are strong enough to cut through the static.
You'll be working on a team to Turn Up the Volume this spring (2022) as we stop the expansion of this tar-sands pipeline. What you will do:
- Work together to develop themes & progressive campaigns that highlight aspects of tar-sands pipeline Risks, Fierce Resistance, and Ways to get Involved.
- Create posts to inspire, engage, challenge and entertain... far beyond "angry white activist on the mic".
- Research, prospect and build relationships with new influencers that reflect our goal to broaden our campaign to include youth from as wide a demographic as possible.
- Build our social media networks, with a focus on growing Activists and/or the Canadian Political sphere.
- Help shift hearts: from fear and disillusionment into action; from guilt and depression into action; from distraction into action.
- Evaluate campaign performance; advise communication & coordination teams with your learnings.
- Maintain organized shared files in our secure, online platform.
- Participate in team meetings and assist with special projects if needed.
What skills and experience you'll bring:
- Strong experience with a social media platform, and willingness to use your platform to raise the profile of stopping this tar-sands pipeline expansion.
- Demonstrated ability to work well in a collaborative, high performing team with fast-paced deadlines.
- A positive attitude & creative spark.
- Perseverance: approach your tasks with energy and drive.
- Ability to be self-motivated & accountable.
- A passion for justice and a liveable future.
Start Date Immediate, and at minimum until April 30, 2022 (or beyond).
How to Apply:
Please send us a one-page (or less) letter/post outlining your relevant experience and why you want to be involved with Protect the Planet - and email it to activistsmm -AT- protonmail.com with the words Social Media Campaigner in the subject line. This is a skilled Volunteer position. We look forward to hearing from you.